We’re launching Connhex Control!
Even before launching Connhex we started fantasizing about future developments - deep down we are just your average nerds.
Connhex’s distinctive feature is doing just one thing well. This is both its biggest strength and weakness: by itself, its usefulness is limited.
Enter Connhex Control, the first piece we’ve been building around Connhex. It serves two needs:
- having a device management interface
- providing a way of troubleshooting devices that have already been deployed
You can think of Connhex Control as the super-admin user interface that provides ultimate control - pun intended - over a Connhex instance.
Using Connhex Control you can:
- manage devices connected to Connhex. See their status, create, edit and delete them - all the usual stuff
- manage edges connected to Connhex. No additional details on this, just a spoiler: make sure to subscribe to get notified as soon as the next piece we have built around Connhex gets released 😬
- use Node-RED to create complete custom applications
- issue and revoke security certificates in a single click
- debug and monitor applications: inspect every single message flowing through Connhex and send messages to any device
- perform disaster recoveries: no matter the device firmware state, if an internet connection is active you’ll get complete access to the device
- do much more, since we won’t update this blog post but will definitely extend Connhex Control!